- “The Oath Keepers,“ with Andrew Lokay and Martha Crenshaw. Dynamics of Asymmetric Conflict 14, no. 2 (2021): 160-178, DOI: 10.1080/17467586.2021.1912375
- “Measuring Success in the War on Drugs,“ with Pat Paterson. U.S. Department of Defense, William J. Perry Center for Hemispheric Defense Studies, Perry Center Occasional Paper (2014): 1-24. https://williamjperrycenter.org/content/measuring-success-war-drugs
- “Why the US police should read ‘just war’ theory,” with Lauren Sukin. International Affairs Blog, August 20, 2020, https://medium.com/international-affairs-blog/fsf-pandemic-politics-us-police-just-war-theory-1f210054e5fc
- Splintering and Leadership Change in Myanmar, 1939-2019: Quantitative dataset that records instances of splintering and leadership change in 43 armed groups operating in Myanmar between 1939-2019. Includes 150+ pages of qualitative information about how leaders entered office and exited office, as well as why and how groups splintered. Also contains a bibliography of sources for each group.
- Foreign Foundations: The Nature of State Involvement in Armed Group Formation, 1990-2019: Quantitative dataset that codes the nature and extent of external state involvement in armed group formation for 225 armed groups established around the world between 1990-2019. Also includes a bibliography of sources and a qualitative summary of each group’s formation and the nature of state involvement.